#2 spark plug hole screwed

Metal shavings into the combustion chamber isn't near as bad as in the block
with the oil.  I wouldn't worry too much about the shavings in the
combustion chamber since the first rotation of the motor they will shoot out
the exhaust anyway or burn up.  I'm not saying it OK to do it but a cylinder
needs a spark plug!!

As far as getting the threader in the plug hole, I would just pull the valve
cover and see if that helps.  You can always grind down a socket, it'll
defineately be worth it in the long run!

Dave