Front crossmember stress bar

> So, the tube is ~22% of the stiffness of the
> crossmember. A contribution,
> but only carrying <1/5 the load.

Cool! Somebody who can put real numbers to it!

Does "stiffness" correlate directly to something like
"load-bearing capacity" (my non-engineering term
here)? Just wondering...Anyway, a 22% increase in
stiffness of the front motor mount is still IMHO
pretty substantial.

If it does correlate to load-bearing capacity, most
people here haven't achieved a 22% increase in engine
power over whatever came stock in their car. It would
seem that this definitely adds to the "headroom" of
the weak area.

Of course, my current engine started with 50% more
than a stock 8v, and then I bumped it by another
50-80% (exact number yet to be determined). That's
about 2x the torque/hp of a stock 16v, so I could use
all the help I can get!

Neal
'77 G60
'88 16v