Brief question about MK1 front bumpers

--- Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My gold rocc was an S, but I had stripped the old shoddy
> tape off.

Ummm, Julie...   the Scirocco S never came in gold - 'twas
not an S.

Ok, so did we get this hammered out?  The pre '78 cars had
the chrome bumpers.  "Regular" '78-'81 cars had silver
colored tape on black plastic bumper covers, and the "S"
models had red tape on black plastic bumper covers.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov