"Another scirocco?!" she exclaims...

--part1_b9.2f6ff7e6.2b9d7cb1_boundary

Jeff,
Much better than that pop rivet one!  Is that a Hurst shifter?  Doesn't look
stock.  Mk1's forever!

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

Didn't take long for me get back in the swing once I decided the ragtop
wasn't the one...(WAY to many rivets for my patience...(photo sample
included). Oh well, I didn't pay very much for it and got a bunch of goodies
(some to sell, some to keep). (The shell is available for FREE if anyone
wants it.. zip = 94063. No rag, no drivetrain, but has a full Kamei X1 kit
though it's obviously seen better days. See pix).

 I found this ad: http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/sby/car/9099492.html

 After some serious ass-kissing and and throroughly laid out plan to the Mrs.
I managed to pick this up for $800. (which in itself was a struggle. The kid
actually tried to bleed more money out of me...over email!)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jtoomasson/lst?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

 It's not perfect, but there's no rust in the critical places. Again, with
some goodies to sell and some to keep - so my initial investment will be
recouped somewhat...It runs REALLY strong for a 1.8 (maybe the Euro
injection??) and refreshes me on what it's like to drive a mk1 again!
ahhhhh...  :D  The ragtop and assembly has been stored away and will be
transplanted in sometime in the unknown future...

 If only it had tunes, I'd be driving it to work tomorrow (who knows maybe I
will anyway...hehe).

 L8R everyone!  Jeff

--part1_b9.2f6ff7e6.2b9d7cb1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  style=
=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial"=20=
LANG=3D"0">Jeff,<BR>
Much better than that pop rivet one!&nbsp; Is that a Hurst shifter?&nbsp; Do=
esn't look stock.&nbsp; Mk1's forever!<BR>
<BR>
-Dick-<BR>
78 Scirocco<BR>
Original Owner<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Didn't take long for me get back in the swing once I decided the ragtop wasn=
't the one...(WAY to many rivets for my patience...(photo sample included).=20=
Oh well, I didn't pay very much for it and got a bunch of goodies (some to s=
ell, some to keep). (The shell is available for FREE if anyone wants it.. zi=
p =3D 94063. No rag, no drivetrain, but has a full Kamei X1 kit though it's=20=
obviously seen better days. See pix).<BR>
<BR>
 I found this ad: http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/sby/car/9099492.html<BR>
<BR>
 After some serious ass-kissing and and throroughly laid out plan to the Mrs=
. I managed to pick this up for $800. (which in itself was a struggle. The k=
id actually tried to bleed more money out of me...over email!) <BR>
<BR>
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jtoomasson/lst?.dir=3D/My+Photos&amp;.src=3Dph&am=
p;.view=3Dt<BR>
<BR>
 It's not perfect, but there's no rust in the critical places. Again, with s=
ome goodies to sell and some to keep - so my initial investment will be reco=
uped somewhat...It runs REALLY strong for a 1.8 (maybe the Euro injection??)=
 and refreshes me on what it's like to drive a mk1 again!&nbsp; ahhhhh...&nb=
sp; :D&nbsp; The ragtop and assembly has been stored away and will be transp=
lanted in sometime in the unknown future...<BR>
<BR>
 If only it had tunes, I'd be driving it to work tomorrow (who knows maybe I=
 will anyway...hehe).<BR>
<BR>
 L8R everyone!&nbsp; Jeff</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b9.2f6ff7e6.2b9d7cb1_boundary--