Slightly OT [some Roc content]

>  > I LOVE my C-64.. I still pull it out once ever few weeks to play some
>>  old Jordan vs. Bird, or 4th and inches, or even better.. the original
>>  Test Drive .. with the Porsche 959 and the Ferrari F40.. and my atari
>  > still has the best game.. Kaboom.. man.. that game is fun..

OMG!  You guys have got to be kidding here...

I started with a VIC-20 (wanted the Atari 400 to play Star Raiders), graduated
to the C-64 eventually with all the drives (the 1541 5.25 floppy was
smarter then
the computer they say).  I can still remember programming them with BASIC pokes
and peeks.  Those where the days.  I moved on to several Amigas
naturally, a souped
to the nuts A500 (68030, fat agnus, 12mb memory, multiple SCSI
drives, HAM-E, custom
soldering, etc) and a very worked A2000 in a tower case.  I still
have all of these too.
Those games STILL kick ass. I see 1Ghz PCs still 'freeze' for a split
second when even
running a simple screen blanker, where my 7.14Mhz Amiga could probably still do
something graphicaly smoother  / faster.  The Amiga OS can still run
rings around any
version of Windoze for multitasking, it was closer to Unix.

Oh, and I still have all my Magic:TG cards too. :)  Wish I had time
to play again.  My black
and red card denial deck was pretty good.  AD&D...I have to admit to
still playing with
a group of college friends once in a while...geek me with a spoon, eh?

----Scirocco content ahead-----

In a way, this all comes back around to these strange, pretty
unknown, really great for
the money Sciroccos we love.  The true enthusiasts like us probably
have several
things in our lives that are _soooo_ similar.   We have personalities
that seek out the
less understood, the slightly unusual, and almost always, WAAY better
then anything
else.  A bit simplistic here, I've been known to talk about this
subject at great length,
especially after a few drinks...  Anyway,  am I right or what?

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net