E brake cable broke

> How hard is it to replace ?

Not very. You need to remove the handbrake lever to get the cables in and
out. If it's rear disc then the part at the brake is butt simple. If it's
rear drum, you need to pull the linings to detach the cable.

> The cable is slacked and I pulled some up, but for some reason when I pull
the e brake lever up, it still holds a little.

If only one cable is broken the other will hold to some extent.

> I should try leave the old one as is and use it as a snake for the the new
one ?

No, not necessary. You just stick the new in the hole in the bottom of the
chassis. It only runs in about a foot, so no problem.

> Or who needs a parking brake anyway ?

They can be convenient on occasion.
Did I mention they're only $15-20 at Germanautoparts? Course the Goddamned
dealers in the DC area want over $100 EACH! Hard to believe anybody buys
anything from a dealer after they've bought the car!