  From: Brian Wagner=20
  To: Rick Alexander ; The list=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 2:17 PM
  Subject: Re: crossmember update (more pics..)

  But isn't bolting better than welding?=20

  I like the simplicity of the bolt together.=20

  Brian=20

   Rick Alexander <ralexander03@snet.net> wrote:=20

    Toby,

    Thanks for the links. Now I know what all that discussion was about. =
Having
    entered this thread late I might ask some questions that you thought =
were
    put to bed already. Bear with me, I need to know.

    In picture "xmember3" are these to be inside of the horizontal =
member which
    is hollow?

    Are the horizontal and vertical members at the center bolted for =
ease of
    development? Will this be welded in the production model?

    In picture "xmember6" it appears that the vertical member under the =
mount is
    not as wide as the mount. Should it be as wide or wider?

    In picture "xmember1" the inside angle is a sharp 90 deg. Should =
this be a
    radius to help it to not tear in that area?

    What is the gauge of the vertical side members?

    Thanks, enquiring minds and all...

    Rick Alexander