Tap n' Die Questions - longish

If you try any kind of extractor again, get your wife or any female S.O. yo=
u might have to leave for a few hours, then put the head in the oven at som=
ething like 400 or even 500=C2=B0F for a while.  Aluminum expands more than=
 steel does, so heating it up will help the steel bolt come out of the alum=
inum threads MUCH more easily.  Did this with great success on my 2.0l head=
 recently.  Of course you should drill any pilot holes and have everything =
ready to go so you can try the extraction while everything is piping hot.  =
Oh, and don't burn yourself (or get caught!)!!!

If you do tap, go slowly and pull the tap out and clean it and the hole off=
 every 1/4 to half of a turn. Aluminum is easy to mess up.=20=20