Tap n' Die Questions - longish

If you end up drilling out the stud, the hole is going to be too big to tap
it with an 8M tap isn't it? Get the HeliCoil.  Do the oversize tap and
insert the coil.  The coils seem to hold bolts in better than the original
threads.  (Some of the coils are made to be "locking" by using a few
irregularly shaped coils.  (Also, the Pegasus Auto Racing Prods catalog
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/  shows what looks like a new kind
of  screw extractor and it says something like "after you are through
breaking your "Easy Outs" use this tool.  I have not tried it so I don't
know if it really works any better.

Chris