Very OT: looking to get a used laptop

  Here's one for the computer gurus on the list. Found a DELL Latitude LM,
possibly from '97, Win ME, 33.6 FAX modem, 10x CDrom, 3253mb HD, Pentium CPU
166mhz, 16mb RAM (144mb max.). The seller is asking $375, I'm sure that can
be talked down. Question to the knowledgable, is this worth buying and
upgrading? Can the CPU and hard drive on laptops be easily upgraded? How
about a DVD? RAM chips, modems and CDroms can be swapped without any trouble.
Will remove the WinME for Win98 that came with my PC. I'm not looking for a
supercomputer, just something I can use while TDY or traveling, but on the
cheap.
  Please send all replies, opinions, suggestions and laughter off-list.

TIA,
Carl
77rocco
89fox  - donor to be
03saturn - can not modify under penalty of wife!