  From: Robbie Cotner =

  To: Ryan Schuermann =

  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org =

  Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 7:00 PM
  Subject: Re: fuel accumulator problems

  I think you could bypass it for awhile.  It's a one-way valve who's pur=
pose
is to hold pressure in the fuel system while the car is off.  With it byp=
assed
I think it would only take longer to start your car-  I'm sure lots of pe=
ople
on the list have a used spare-  HTH, =

  Rob =

   Ryan Schuermann <big_hot_tamale@yahoo.com> wrote: =

    well mine decided to crack or something, it's spewing gas,
    and wouldn't you know it, I just filled the tank up!%&*$@.
    Local parts place wants $200, they're gonna be waiting untill =

    I die. So I plan to install a used one, what is the point of
    it anyhow? store gas upon startup or gather it when the car
    isn't running? would bypassing it be ok (not that i'm going =

    to but I really don't yet understand it's usefulness). Anyone
    care to enlighten me?

    thanks
    Ryan