Turbo vs. Supercharger.

Since this topic has come up again....I'll make the same point I always do.

Since I am a "high lander" at 5200 ft high here in Denver, and regularly go to the mountains, I would NEVER install a supercharger on any of my dubs.  With its static spin rate it has NO way to compensate for the thinner air up here and boosts much less at altitude.

A turbo, with its freewheeling/free power nature will actually spin faster at altitude to make the same boost and does an effective job at almost completely overcoming altitude loss, where NA and supered cars cannot.

Many of you were impressed by Marc Gettys (spelling?) C230 Kompressor at Cincy this year...I'll tell you this, those things are absolute DOGS up here...I know, I test drove one and was throughly dissapointed...

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg