where to start?

Gah, the mk2 has decided to revolt. First, the spring and bolt that holds one side of the header to the cat decided it'd had enough and disappeared. This makes for a gap right there which equals a pretty loud exhaust. That's not that big of a deal though. What is, is when I was trying to find the cause of the loud exhaust, I noticed my passenger side front rim covered in oil. After further inspection, that entire front side of the car is covered in oil. There's drips off the filter, off the oil pan, the sway bar, everything. There's what looks like black moly grease on the CV joint (? the rubber bit at the end of the axle, before it connects to the rotor and stuff) and the bottom of the strut on that side is black and slick with oil. So I'm thinking my strut blew, that axle area is leaking grease (though it does look in good shape) and the oil decided to evacuate from the car. I checked my oil, it is way down there, though not enough to set off the buzzer yet which does work. I
 though all that oil might be from the strut going, but it looks doubtful. From the top looking down, everything seems fine. Any suggestions as to where I should start looking for the leak? There's oil sprayed over the inside of the front pass. tire, the inner part of the rim and everything on that half of the car has drips.

TIA,
Dan