OT: Best drill bits for automotive work?

I'd go for a standard set of high-quality high-speed steel drills, and skip the coatings and fancy
point shapes.  Get yourself a Drill Doctor sharpener...so you can regrind them easily to like-new
condition (std. 118 degree tip).

I got this http://www.drilldoctorstore.us/drildocddhan.html one for Christmas a few years
ago...one of my most valued accessory tools.  About $80.  Home Depot has them.

Believe me, you'll be glad if you do this.

Don't forget to oil the drill liberally during use!  You'll be amazed at how much faster it
penetrates and how much longer it stays sharp!

Ron