OT: Best drill bits for automotive work?

I'm lucky enough to have a wife who doesn't scoff at the notion of buying me power tools for an anniversary present. Hence, my new 6.0A/1000rpm Craftsman Hammer drill  :)

But I kinda lost patience when it came to the bit selection. There were several different types of bit materials at Sears: black oxide, zirconium nitride, cobalt, titanium-tipped. The cobalt ones were recommended for the heavier/stiffer metals, but those sets only came with bits 1/4" and smaller. The black oxide ones were supposedly OK for metals up to mild steel. Then I figured I'd ask you guys before I wasted any money!  :)

Can anyone throw me some recommendations (brand included)? I would like to get a decent set that'll remain reasonably durable (the Black and Decker crap I bought when I got my cordless are extremely fragile).

Thanks in advance - hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  Jeff