1.8L head on 2.0L block

The 1.8L head (in stock form which is rather hard to find anymore) flows
slightly better on the intake side than the 2.0L head, the 2.0L head flows
quite a bit better on the exhaust side compared to the 1.8L head.  Overall,
the 2.0L head flows better than the 1.8L head.

Other benefits of the 2.0L head:  Newer casting, newer aluminum, probably
other changes that we don't know about, newer quiter timing chain gears, and
more aluminum in the ports for custom porting.

As far as the 1.8L head flowing better than the 2.0L head on the intake
side, this is so minor that it can be taken care of with a slight polish of
the port.  The nice thing about the 2.0L head is that it came off of the
2.0L block that was in what?  A larger car, so it was set up for more
low-end grunt which is exactly what the 16v motor needed as it struggles on
the bottom end and screams at top end.  We have so many mods for the top end
(big intakes, big cams, etc) that the bottom end ends up going away.  I
believe that even in the stock form that a 2.0L head is heads and shoulders
above the 1.8l head.  BUT, you don't have to take it from me, ask our
friends at TT, they did the flow testing.  AND, if you want, you can wait
until your timing belt tensioner stud pulls out due to use and age and then
tell me what head you want to use.

BTW, the offer still stands.  Anyone don't want their old 2.0L head, just
send it my way.  I have a few good uses for them!!

Dave

P.S.  There are good sides to being the Devil's Advocate such as
investigating your sources and not believiing everything of what others say.