Who's project is in pieces"

My "project" is in pieces.  It has been an ongoing
project since I bought it 5 years ago, and the project
has been keeping it running.

Actually, I have pretty much given up for now.  I just
dropped the insurance on it (only used for about 6
mo;s of the last 2 years) and bought myself a new
(cough cough) Chevy Cavalier.  It is the first non-VW
I have owned since 1995.  I would have stayed with VW,
but I just couldn't stomach spending 23-25K on a new
car, and still be driving a compact of questionable
quality.

The project that killed me started 4 months after fuly
rebuilding the engine on my Vanagon last year.  The
headgasket blew on the 'rocco, so I spent months
getting the head re-built, putting in new hoses,
belts, G-Grind, euro bumps and lights, etc... and I
could never get it to run right afterwards.

So - I am done.  Too much money for too little return.
 It is going to get rolled into the back yard and have
a tarp thrown over it for the next couple years.  I am
waiting for the preview of the VW-girlie calendar
before I sign off the list. :)

Later
Mark