Cleaning issues

Cool.  Thanks for the info, I have more (groan) car work to do this weekend :)  One lat question:  good wax to use?

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:24:02 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Gordon,
>What clay bar kit did you use and can it be gotten in stores? Also, what atuo soap do you use?
>Mike

Since I'm not at home until Friday, I can't go out and look, but IIRC
it's Mothers or Meguires. Comes with a spray bottle of "detailers
wax" (thin wax liquid) and the clay bar. I got it at the local
Kragen's auto parts store for about 16-17 bucks. Use plenty of spray
wax.. it's the lubricant and keeps the bar from wearing out too fast
and work a small area at one time.

I've read that the clay sucks out the impurities as well as is a very
mild abrasive. Same principle as women putting a clay mask on their
face. Whatever, it really makes the surface slick and takes off the
white haze. Follow with a good wax job.

The soap is just what ever Costco is selling when I need it.. by the
gallon. Stay away from dish stuff.

Happy polishing!

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source