OT- A3 GTI no spark-out of ideas. Any thoughts

If in case you haven't seen any of the previous posts I'll make this short-
The car is a '97 GTI(2.0 4 cylinder) and it starts and runs fine when cold.
After driving it a short distance I can shut it off and it will not start
until a
few hours later.  There is no spark coming from the coil.  I have swapped
out the coil, distributor(for an unrelated problem) and just today replaced
the crank sensor.  It is still has the problem and I am absolutely out of
ideas except to bring it to the dealer for them to hook it up to there
computer and hope they can figure it out(they are a Ford dealer first,
VW second).  So I am posting this in case someone here may have an
idea on what I can check/replace. The dealer option is my last resort as
they are idiots and expensive and it's my sister's car, who is temporarily
out of work(had a baby).

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe