From: "Rich Deede" <richdeede@scirocco20v.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 12:56 AM
Subject: Hacking the springs

> Ok, wanted to get opinions and thoughts on this. I love the way my
suspension feels(H&R Sports and Bilstein Sports for a 16v). However I hate
the stance of the car...it leans back and the front sits pretty high. The PO
of my last scirocco cut off part of the dead coils on the front springs to
lower it a bit more, so I was considering doing this to my car. Any reason
why I shouldn't do this? Will it make much of a difference in terms of ride
quality or the stance of the car? Im not talking about cutting the springs
themselves just the bottom dead coils.