ok, so who wants rons tranny vid?

ok
there is this thing called "bittorrent"
it allows many users to simultaneously download a large file from one source
simultaneously
with this, everyone can get the large (300 meg) version of the file from me
(and possibly brian wagner, as he is the source of the file)
the basic way it works is that you install a special (tiny) client on your
computer. this client launches whenever you surf to a file ending in
.torrent. the client connects to a thing called a tracker, which tracks who
is connected, how much of the file each person has, etc.
each connected client downloads the file from a 'seed' (me and brian in this
case).
now for the cool part: each seed sends different parts of the file to only a
few of the other clients. once the clients have bits of the file, the
clients spread those bits amongst themselves. basically, a near-unlimited
number of people can download this 300 meg movie in the same amount of time
it would have taken only one person to download the file from me or brian.

now for the issues:
- we need to setup a time that would be best for everyone to download this
file, as it works better as more people are connected at once.
- once you complete the download, leaving the download window open for as
long as possible will help spread the file, as once you complete the
download, you become a seed for the file (just like me and brian).
- should we include the vwvortex tranny forum in on this (ron? its up to you
really...)
- i have to set up the tracker to run on this system (its funky, runs the
'python' programming language, have to compile/run it to get the tracker
running)

more to come, later tonight.
for now i need to know when a bunch of you can download this file. it may be
as early as tonight (so it can run overnight).

Al