painting engines

I used Hammerite spray on my engine block, it faded a bit after it was heated but the color has stayed consistent since(it's been over a year).  The main advantage to powdercoating and the like is you can be harder on the engine when you clean it, no worries of degreaser or the pressure washer peeling it off.  HTH,

-Rob

tom skarda <2turbo@vwmail.net> wrote:
so i'm looking into painting and powder coating options. i understand powdercoating is better, but it costs so much more. what are people experiences with high temp engine paints? durability, color fade, etc..?
tia
tom