painting engines

I can give you 2 different options here. I painted all of my engine parts with your plain ole autozone high heat paint. i used the 500 degree stuff on the intake mani, valve cover, engine brackets and what not, to see pics of my engine bay, see hitman88 (vortex screen name) website under the updates or photos for a black rocco there with a black valve cover. I did that stuff over a year ago. still holding up well, paints not coming off or peeling or anything. i know its not "powdercoating" but when you are low on funds it works great. I have done like 4 roccos the same way, never had any issues with that paint. EXCEPT, if you do decide to do the exhaust mani, use the 1200 degree stuff. 500 just burns and burns, then it looks like crap. either dont do it, or do it right.

derek wiser

ps, 2 others i know also used the engine paint i used, worked well for them too.

tom skarda <2turbo@vwmail.net> wrote:
so i'm looking into painting and powder coating options. i understand powdercoating is better, but it costs so much more. what are people experiences with high temp engine paints? durability, color fade, etc..?
tia
tom