replacing rod bearings with engine in car?

Hey all, my 1.8 JH engine has a knock whenever it first starts up(takes about 30 seconds to go away, it isn't loud but it isn't quiet either!).  When I rebuilt it 12K ago I got the #2 and #4 rods mixed up, I switched them back but only after i had turned the engine 200+ times back and forth with my breaker bar(attempting to free it up... it was hard to turn because of the switched rods).  When I switched them I did NOT get new bearings even though I should have, the #2 bearing was already getting shiny from being broken in incorrectly; the others weren't shiny at all.  So thus I had my rods all on correctly, but with two rod bearings that were a bit preworn and rod bolts which had been torqued twice(not good I know).  I suspect this is the likely cause of this knock(it developed it about 8K after the rebuild).  So is it too late to drop the oil pan and go in there with new rod bearings and bolts?  At the very least would this make my engine last longer?  Is it possible this knock is
 because of a loose wrist-pin instead?  During the rebuild the crank was mic'ed within spec, it was in excellent condition after 160k and didn't even require polishing.  The oil pump was replaced 1K ago.  Thanks in advance,

-Rob

P.S.  I know this was stupid and have more than learned my lesson:)