Brake Conversion Info Request

If we are talking front brake upgrade only, and if you look at the picture
posted on vortex, as referenced in the original post, the caliper carriers
are included.

Sure the bigger master cylinder unit is nice, but not needed. Proportioning
valves only need to be replaced if you replace the rear drums with rear
discs. Same with SS brake lines. ok, new brake front lines are a really good
idea.

The bolts holding the caliper carriers to the knuckles are different. Longer
or shorter, I don't remember, as I did this eight years ago.

It's a start, I say go for it.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

"I would like to convert the brakes in my 1981 Mk1 to those from a Scirocco
16V.  Is anything required other than the rotors and calipers such as those
listed in the vortex listing below?  I would appreciate any input.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=879609";