Scirocco Registry?

i was lookin around and i found this site where each new 20th anniv. GTi is registered.  now i am guessing they are numbered. from this i was thinkin wouldnt we be able to setup a database for all the roccos out there to be located. i dont know how this could be done. any ideas. i dont think people would want their vin #'s posted onto the internet so maybe that is out. and for cars that might not have been registered on the site there could be a spotted instead of the owner next to the #.

maybe there is a site like this already?  what do you guys think. i would put time into trying to set something up like this if not and we can get an idea of how we can do it. who is in?

-Jon