Cam and Valve Spring Question 16v [Delta Regrind]

I just got mine back from Delta 2 weeks ago and installed it the day before
I went to Cincy.

The reason that I did the cam in the first place was because I was paying
close attention to Ben Harder's dyno runs on his Mk2 1.8 16V.  His gains
were amazing.  Compared to my stock 1.8 (which, with 41,600 miles on it,
put a very, very healthy 105hp to the ground, the highest I've ever seen on
a stock 1.8), he made more than 12 peak HP (at the wheels).

More amazing is the very high-rpm gain:  For example 28 Whp @ 6500 rpm!!!

Check it out for yourself:  http://www.scirocco16v.org/dyno/deltacam.jpg

My car is now a 2.0, but I'm sure the results are similar, if not even more
spectacular.  I can't believe the difference the cam made.  It transformed
my 2.0 (with a complete SuperSprint engine-back exhaust -- with cat-less
race header!) from a boring, low-rpm torque monster to a high-rpm screamer.

Low-rpm torque seems to not have suffered, but who cares anyway, because
the gains up top are *phenomenal*.   (And by the way, for those who know
me, I love low-end torque.)

It's the best $100 you'll spend on your car, and I highly recommend doing
it!  Plus, in contrast to using an Exhaust cam as the intake, there's no
messing around to find the right timing, and idle doesn't suffer.  (Idle
quality sucks with the Exhaust-as-Intake cam swap).

I'll be doing a post-cam dyno run in the next few weeks...

YMMV...
Jason