WOT: XP Computer Slow

Try defragging your hard drive, then run through the disk cleanup. How many
programs are the computer loading up when you first start your computer? If
that is a lot try to take some out it will free up some memory. Do you have
anything running in the back ground? Like you can get little things, my mom
has this weird cat that walks around her monitor, those things use a lot of
memory. If you have done all that and still runs slow, its time to format
your computer and start from a clean slate. How long ago was it since you
last formated your computer. People recommend to do it like once a month, I
only do mine about once a year, very minimal slow down. But then again Im
the only one using this computer so I don't have people doing crap. Also
what really slows down your computer is if you have been using a cd burner a
lot. Or ripping DVD movies onto your computer that will kill it. Check hlow
much free space you have on your HD if that is very low try cleaning that up
a bit so you have moe memory, I hate to run with less then 1 gig. The TV
tuner that records your shows, make sure to clean that up, it will fill up
your HD a lot. A friend of mine found that out, his HD was full and his
computer was very slow.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

GL