WOT: XP Computer Slow

My XP machine is running really slowly.  I reinstalled the OS a couple of weeks ago, but didn't clean the drive beforehand.  Haven't done anything unusual, or run any new programs.  Any ideas what might be up?  Seems to be getting progressively worse.

I've had to back down my video resolution from 12xx to 1024 to keep my TV tuner stuff working right as well.  It used to record wiht <1% of frames dropped, but now it consistently drops 13%, which really sucks.

Any ideas for things I can clean up or whatever else might be wrong?
I'm going to run Ad-Aware now, but I'm not too optimistic about it.  I'd run NAV, but it usually takes a huge chunk out of my performance (only 256lb or RAM), and I'm afraid that it would just kill the machine in its current state.

Thanks.
BH

!!!!FAST, FREE AND HOT!!!!
for the best free email site on the web