Glove box lid.

Well, I Krazy Glued the arm to the original lid last night.  This morning, it seems to be holding quite well.  I'm going to glue the rest tonight when I get home from work.  Then, hopefully, using Rob's advice, I'm going to try and put it back in either tomorrow or the next day.  I'm waiting a bit as I'd like to give the glue as much time as possible to set before I start putting presure on it (ala the spring).  I will keep you informed on my progress and am DETERMINED to make this VW 2, Us 1.  I refuse to ride around with a gaping hole in my dash for more than a couple of days.

Mike

Phil Kerschner <PBKScirocco@netscape.net> wrote:
Make that VW1, Vinny 0 (me as well, so that's VW 2, Us 0). One of their
beauty engineering feats, I suppose. I'll have to take note of Rob's
comment for a possible solution.

-Phil

vince@performancecarstereo.com wrote:
> I hear you on your dilema. About 6 months ago I swapped my dash and the
> glove box assembly was the hardest part. For some reason I couldn't even
> get to the point that you're at. Something was wrong with my spring, for
> the life of me I could never get it to work right. It was always trying to
> pull the glove box shut - no matter how I managed to rig it on there.
> Either something was wrong with the parts or something was wrong with my
> head - I'm not sure, but I gave up very quickly. To this day I haven't had
> the courage to face it again, so my lid doesn't stay up.
>
> Rocco - 1
> Vinny - 0

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source