Glove box lid.

If I recall correctly you can reattach the spring from under the dash, just remove the passenger side under-dash cover and possible the vent tube(not too hard).  HTH,

-Rob

Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
Previous Owner had problems with it as the rear, right corner (and the arm) had come apart. He epoxy'd it back together and worked fine. I bought it and a few years later, the corne rstarted to come apart again. The control arm, whether from preasure of the corner or from the spring inside (holds the lid open), eventually broke and then the spring twisted around resulting in the lid not holding itself open anymore.

Recently, I picked up a new lid. I removed the old and then glove box itself. I put in the new lid and the spring attachment and it works fine. One problem: I can't put the glove box back in with the lid installed, and I can't hook the spring to the arm with the glove box installed. Will I need to remove the whole dash to install all pieces properly? Or is there some trick I'm missing here? Bently's not really a big help on this one.

Also, would Krazy Glue (tm) do the trick as far as repairing the original lid or should I use some sort of epoxy like the PO? And would it stand up to the preasure put on it by the spring? I'd like ot use the original lid as my key fits it and I don't want to have to move the 16v logo from old to new (new one's missing).

Thanks
Mike