[Pick on Cathy about her dialup Was [Re: cincy 2k+]

Cathy Boyko wrote:

> Ah, we've checked the options, and none of them are good. Faster is way too
> expensive, and even the slow dial up is bad enough since we have a second line
> to pay for too. Our stone age phone system won't support the faster dial up
> either, we've tried. cathy

Waaaah,

I went from 49,000+ modem speeds to 'a hundred something K'* DSL for a
week and THEN back to dial up awaiting the new switch over (and now
I'm on a split line and can only get connected via modem @ 28,800
bps.  :[

Anyway. I am jealous of all you people actually driving Sciroccos, the
other day I actually _sat_ in mine.... Wait, Jim actual showed up with
one? The end is near, all that can be done has been by now.

TBerk

* "Your download speed : 1205706 bps, or 1205 kbps.
A 147.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 229095 bps, or 229 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!"