  From: jesse Neufeld
  To: amalventano@sc.rr.com ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 1:42 AM
  Subject: Re: OT: rough-riding kumhos?

  iam gonna have to agree with bryan about the idea of it being something other than tires since you are not feeling it through your steering wheel.
  ive used Kumho Ecsta 712's on my scirocco for a little while and i did notice i always had vibration that would dissapear if i put my 13's on.. i did get the rims with that had the kumhos on balanced but they always still had a slight vibration no matter what. my balancing job wasnt the greatest tho and my rims could be also part of the problem..

  if anything i would do what you said and swap a set of wheels and tires on there from a car that has no vibrations(your jetta iam guessing since you mentioned it) and compare the 2 cars now that the rims are swapped.. hope that helps
  -Jesse

  --------------------
  -84 Scirocco
  -86 Golf
  Kelowna, BC

  >From: "Allyn"
  >To: "scirocco list"
  >Subject: OT: rough-riding kumhos?
  >Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:57:38 -0400
  >
  >has anyone had any ride issues with kumhos (or any vibration issue that
  >ended up being tires - any brand of tires?).

Just helping you brainstorm here. Since you said you don't feel it in the
steering wheel, that would suggest to me that it is not your front tires/wheels.
Possibly your rear tires, check the tread wear to see if you see any uneven
wear on the rear tires.  Vibration amplified by acceleration = more wheight
transfer on the rear wheels maybe causing extra vibrations.  Then agian this may
also suggest an engine not aligned properly or a failed engine mount  when the
engine moves as you apply power it makes contact with something causing the
vibrations.  I'm going to go with the later.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6