OT: rough-riding kumhos?

Just helping you brainstorm here. Since you said you don't feel it in the
steering wheel, that would suggest to me that it is not your front tires/wheels.
Possibly your rear tires, check the tread wear to see if you see any uneven
wear on the rear tires.  Vibration amplified by acceleration = more wheight
transfer on the rear wheels maybe causing extra vibrations.  Then agian this may
also suggest an engine not aligned properly or a failed engine mount  when the
engine moves as you apply power it makes contact with something causing the
vibrations.  I'm going to go with the later.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6