strange turbo pic

Yeah, but the problem with that is that turbos USE that heat and convert it to power.  So by being cooler, he's losing power through the exhaust cooling.  That's why race turbo systems wrap their manifolds.  And by having the compressor outlet so far away, he'd have to use more boost pressure (at the turbo) to get the same pressure at the manifold, thus heating the inlet air.  So he went the wrong way with both turbine and compressor temperatures.