Head Rebuild Question

 --- Marc Scirocco Québec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:\
> I will take it for granted that it is an 8V head that you are talking about.
>
> Head's combustion chamber face can be milled so long as dimension from head
> gasket surface to cylinder head cover gasket surface is not reduced to less
> than 5.219 inches.

That's the factory minimum spec.  You can shave more than that...  I shaved my head
.040", and after cc'ing a chamber and a cylinder at TDC (2.0 ABA), and factoring in head
gasket area, my compression ratio stood at 10.8:1

> You will gain around half a point (±0.5) of compression ration if you do so
> from a stock head

This seems a bit optimistic to me...

> Your valves will also meet with your pistons if you ever
> loose you timing belt.

Not at the minimum factory spec you listed.

Mark.
80 S
81 S