16v: what to do for high temps?

In a message dated 6/11/2003 4:05:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pearl16v@yahoo.com writes:

> longer flex pipe and a new cat. they muffler guy said
> that the high temps

The cats don't die from high temps, they need high temps to work properly.  A
rich running engine will kill a cat though where unburned fuel gets into it.
I took the insides of my cat out when it got all clogged up.  Might want to
do that so you don't need to keep replacing it.  I believe CIS tends to run
engines a little rich and thats why roccos tend to ruin cats a lot.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6