Attn. Patrick: help needed with dash cluster (others canhelptoo :)

  well, i'm not patrick, but what i do is take the smallest flathead screw
  driver i have in the box and insert it between the male and female
  connectors on the side with the tab. once it's in you should be able to
  slide the two connectors apart with ease. just make sure it's a small screw
  driver and that you don't twist it or you may crack the connector. hth
      hit

  That's the way I did it the first two times.  The second time was the charm, because once I had it apart, I cut off the lock tabs.  Now it comes apart easily (and hasn't given my any problems coming apart on its own....)

  Larry
  sandiego16v