Cincy #5 Ramblings

I think *officially* they may have started in '98 making this # 6 but the
first big year was '99 I believe.

Well I survived another one.  I missed the convoy antics in both directions
but I was able to be the second person to show up and probably the first to
leave (7am Sunday morning) sorry I could not say goodbye to everyone but I
wanted to get home for my daughters 3pm soccer game.  Once again it was a
fantastic event with very good attendance (less than last year but list
members only is a good idea).  I thought I would make a list of the
highlights of this year.

1.  As usual thanks goes out to Daun for hosting.....seeing that he takes
the entire week before off of work to prepare says a lot!!!

2.  Jim Jarrett has astounded everyone with his very own Scirocco and major
wrench turning..he even installed Dauns half shafts for him!!
     another classic quote by Brett V speaking of Jim when his car puked oil
all over Walmart parking lot and the giant leaps in automotive expertise he
has amassed
		"a few years ago that would have ended up with the car on a
flat bed and Jim on his way home"

3.  I can not say enough about the Texas crew and their hospitality.  From
the 40lbs of brisket to the bottomless supply of Shiner-Boch it was very
impressive.
     Not everyone would drive that far with a car load of Beef and Beer.
Brian Wagner you have a very smart little girl there....at one point she was
lecturing to us
     about grounds and the 1.6 volts she picked up on the Rocc.

4.  Julie...what can we say ...your car is a technological masterpiece in
one hand and a scary nest of wires, wood blocks, and relays in the other.
     That car is ONE OF A KIND!  Anyone that looked at it knows what I
mean...but that is what you get from an engineer!

5.  Scott Williams.....I finally got to see the car and it is very
nice.....I will not forget the point when it started and the entire front
yard migrated around it like
     pigs at the trough.......Best quote from Brett V  "I think they may
have too many chefs in that kitchen"

6.  Josh......you have the oil slick and smoke screen add some machine guns
and James Bond might come calling...but he will want bigger injectors and
probably get rid of the wing....;)

7.  Ron...the transmission demonstration was very impressive....he even has
the instructor like commentary.  And the impromptu diagnosis of Peters
transmission was cool!!
     Peter I hope you cooled down before the drive home....that fast driving
...its wrong  just wrong I tell ya!!

		I think next year I would like someone to tear an engine
down....how about it?

8.  Brian McGarvey..well like Ron says his brain is moving at 1000
mph...this GRM car will probably have 3 engines and break the sound
barrier...oh yeah and only last 2 days!!!

9.  Jason ...thanks again for the bottomless pit of car-video.....any time I
think I may be too wrapped up in cars I think of you and the directory tree
of all of your cars broken down by make filled with pictures dyno charts and
videos.  Very cool.....and nice BMW Wagon!!

10.  Thanks to Brett V for bank rolling the shirts and once again helping me
tune my car.....yes Rich I tend to do this every year!!
...oh yeah Brett has a bunch of shirts left ...

I guess that is enough........ thanks for reading!!

Now waiting for Waterfest and the freak show!!

Michael Leach
MH-60R Integration and Test
Lockheed Martin Federal Systems
Owego, NY 13827