Knock Sensor Question

I know there are two differnt types of kock sensor for the 16v cis-e
cars.  One's green the other is black, but what are the best ways to
find out which one you are supposed to use.  The original one on my car
is in such bad physical shape that there is no way to tell what color it
ever was so I can't go by that.  Might there be any numbers that should
give me a clue on the sensor?  I'm just trying not to make a mistake as
I really want to have my car back on the road soon.

Thanks,
William Snyder
--
88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)