Not revs, tach.

 --- ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I would check your timing first set everything to tdc, then check your
> vaccum lines, then make sure your idle screw is not missing an oring, as
> well as the idle set screw (the one that prevents the idle to go below a
> certain limit (on the TB), also I would check your Mix setting.
>
> I had this problem with my daily driver, turned out to be off timing the
> idle screw was all the way out, and the mix was at 0.9mv instead of 1.18 mv.

If you tach is diving for zero and the car is still stumbling, then backfiring, it's got
nothing to do with the above...  You've got a problem with your ignition cutting out.  I
remember this exact problem on one of my cars, but damn it, I can't remember what ended
up being wrong with it...   I guess the first thing I would do is check all your
electrical connections at the distributor, coil, and ignition module.  Also check your
grounds.  If you've got another coil or ignition module lying around, try swapping them
in and see if that's your problem...  If I remember what was wrong when I had the same
problem, I'll let you know...

HTH,

Mark.
80 S