temperamental cars they are .. Part deux..

well worked on the Daily driver today to find out the bracket that holds the
AC was broken in 2 parts (the adjusting bars) probably because I also
discovered there was a missing bolt on the ac mounting plate, the missing
bolt holding it in place cause the belt to "yank" on it causing the metal to
fail, anyway I had a spare (thank you to the silver project on that one),
and a 30 mins job became a 2 hr job... all is back in place , 2 problems, I
need a new AC/ Crank belt (the one I have on the car is torn in few places
and will not last 500 miles (about 7-12$), I have an Alternator belt (and
found yet another spare) so I don't need to buy another one, but in my
moving around the ac compressor to remove the bracket, the hose for the
return coolant line (small hole), I snapped the nipple on the radiator, I
think I can find a double screw brass type joint to screw into both parts to
fix this issue (should be 2-3$ at hardware store.)
so the daily driver is still in the garage as I ran out of time before I
have to head out to work... The prowler exhaust is in 2 parts again, seems
the welding the guy did at the shop did not hold, I will have to grind the
weld, reunited the pipes back together again and see if a clamp will fix
that problem, but that will have to wait until I get the daily driver out of
the garage tomorrow... so I will be using the farm truck one more day to get
to work again today....

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco