From: "Kervin Ridgley" <kridgley@brownscar.com>
To: "list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 2:33 PM
Subject: a little OT:engines knocking at my door

Yesterday, a friend offered me a VR6 long block with a complete wiring
harness, intake, and throttle body for $500.  He said it had a knock, but
ran strong (i.e.. needs a rebuild).  I have NO plans to put this in my
scirocco, but I was thinking it would be nice in my Golf or a big project in
my MK1 jetta.  Then today, I guy I have been helping with stuff tells me he
is going to part out his car.  I can get his complete 16v 2.0 at a good
price.  All thoughts of the VR6 are out the window.  I feel like I'm
betraying the 2 valve per world, but thoughts of more power are winning me
over.  The only problem that I have is that the car/engine has been through
2 owners so I feel there may be a lot of PO stuff to straighten out for the
swap.  He has a whole scirocco at the moment, but the parting begins this
weekend.