Baby seats in a Scirocco???

Actually that topic has circulated a couple of times.

The general consensus is that IF you are determined to use the safety tether
that goes from the baby seat, to a grommet in the back of the car (visible
on most new cars and required by Canadian law) you are going to have to be
creative in your anchor point.

On the MkI there is a bolt hole in the C pillar about midway between the
parcel shelf and the roof that you can feel through the headliner material.
It's a great location for the tether. ( I don't know about the MkII)

Other suggestions thrown out where to attach it to a rear stressbar running
between the rear upper struts.  Not a bad choice and a great way to convince
a spouse that you NEED the rear upper bar.

Brian H
3 kids
1 MkI