Aftermarket FPR question...

Hey all...

Looking into getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for my upcoming Megasquirt system.  I
don't have the fuel rail purchased yet.  Logic tells me that I should be able to get a generic
adjustable FPR, mount it on the firewall or similar, connect the pressure and dump fittings, and
run the output to the rail.  Of course I'd install a filter and maybe a gauge.

I see aftermarket FRPs but the makers generally list them as for Acura, Honda, BMW, whatever.
Isn't this a case of an FPR is an FPR?  Just connect it, adjust it, and go?

Eddycate me here!

Thx,

Cheapass Ron