Will PB Blaster or WD-40 negatively impact a cylinder bore?

I'd use a true penetrating oil to free the rings; I like Kroil.
 Afterwards, use WD-40 to keep the cylinder walls free of rust until
you're ready to finish the rebuild.  WD=water displacing; IMO works best
to coat/protect metal or as a light lubricant, not as a rust remover.

Chris
'81 Scirocco
Bolton, MA