bolt kit madness

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Are you sure? On my tranny the big hat rivets were on the diff side. That
> makes sense too since their purpose is to retain the cross shaft which is
> on the diff side, not the ring gear side.
>
> See pic: http://students.washington.edu/treed2/diffside.jpg
>
> I assume by "ring gear side" and "diff side" we're talking about the side
> the diff does not stick out of and the side the diff does stick out of,
> respectively.
>
> -Toby

OK...the photo shows what I call the "Ring Gear" side, because immediately under the rivet heads
is the ring gear.  Drill from the side shown in your photo.

I referred to the other side as the diff side because the diff casting is under the rivet.

Made sense to me...maybe sometime soon I'll use your pic in my page to make sure there's no
further confusion.

Ron