bolt kit madness

> > I think that would be the diff side. It should be obvious.. the side where
> > the rivet heads already have a very clear, symmetrical dimple in them. The
> > rivet heads on the side I drilled out (doh!) were mushy and a real pain in
> > the ass. I feel kinda silly now having worked so hard to do it the wrong
> > way. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20!
> >
> > And Ron, you might wanna fix that page :)
>
> OK...You drill from the RING GEAR side...I just pulled my head from my ass so I could look...the
> ring gear side is the side with the dimple, the side with Satan's Hats on the two rivets that
> always bust looks and SMS the box.  I will post photos later...
>
> Sorry for the confusion  (still sheepish)

Are you sure? On my tranny the big hat rivets were on the diff side. That
makes sense too since their purpose is to retain the cross shaft which is
on the diff side, not the ring gear side.

See pic: http://students.washington.edu/treed2/diffside.jpg

I assume by "ring gear side" and "diff side" we're talking about the side
the diff does not stick out of and the side the diff does stick out of,
respectively.

-Toby