From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: "Neal Tovsen" <nealtovsen@yahoo.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: adjusting Ignition timing

> Actually, as long as you have both a TDC mark (usually small circle) and a
6 degree advance mark (large V notch), I find it easier to use a
non-adjustable light (they're cheaper too!).  All you have to do is hook it
up to power, then clip it onto plug wire #1 (passenger side).  Then loosen
the distributor bolts just enought that you can get it to turn with some
force (mark it before you try turning it!).  Then fire up the car and let it
warm a bit.  Now just adjust the distributor until the light hits the big V
notch and you've got yourself the factory 6 degrees advance.  That's it!
(don't forget to tighten the distrib bolts).  Things can get weird if your
cams are off from each other or from the bottom end, but we'll leave that
area alone!