national safety law?

I think the major issue is when you resell, not sure how sticky the state
annual inspections are, I guess that could be an issue too. Here there is a
considerable difference in how strict the safeties are when ownership
changes, they'll all check the essentials like brakes, but some places are
more anal than others with the small stuff (our Jetta failed due to a non
functional odometer, the place that did Klaus never even looked at it). The
other sticking point may be insurance, if you ever have to make a claim with
a modified car, especially if it's a safety related item that's modded, and
it can be attributed to an injury for which you get sued. GL on that one. We
have the new "if it smells of racing, it's illegal" law coming up in
Ontario, that should make life intersting. Can't wait. cathy